This report, commissioned by Zero Waste Scotland and produced by our Senior Consultant Daniel Whittaker alongside Scientists for Global Responsibility (SGR), identifies potential circular economy opportunities for increasing economic and environmental benefits in the Scottish construction sector.
The initial scope of the report:
- Identified materials and products with the highest circular economy potential;
- Identified key opportunities in housing, commercial and education sectors;
- Determined what opportunities were achieveable by looking at resources and timescales;
- Addressed barriers to opportunities; and
- Engaged with construction stakeholders.
Gathering this information then allowed us to carry out a detailed review of the sector, providing analysis of opportunities by:
- Developing a list of planned Scottish construction, refurbishment and demolition projects to 2020;
- Reviewing high-impact circular economy opportunities in the pipeline; and
- Identifying and undertaking a more detailed analysis of a shortlist of opportunities.
This report is available free of charge. Press the orange button and supply a few details about yourself in order to access the download.