Yvonne is an experienced policy analyst who has supported policy makers, regulators and businesses for over 25 years. She has worked across many policy and regulation areas, but specialises in local partnership working and policy evaluation, particularly around water management, chemicals and better regulation. Yvonne works closely with clients and their stakeholders to understand the issues, assess options and find a common way forward using qualitative and quantitative evaluation techniques.
Yvonne has scoped, managed and delivered over 90 policy-related projects ranging from developing national strategies (public engagement, air, chemicals and better regulation), road maps, and action plans, to providing practical guidance on partnership working locally. Yvonne has a strong technical background, is a qualified facilitator and has good communication skills which she uses to present often complex information in a user-friendly way. Yvonne is also an experienced project manager with a strong track record of delivering quality projects to time and budget.
Yvonne’s recent and current projects include:
- Supporting local partnerships (Catchment Partnerships and Flood Resilience Groups) by developing guidance on funding and evaluation;
- Stakeholder research to share learning on how to win funding for environmental projects in urban environments;
- Evaluating the catchment-based approach (CaBA) using a wide range of qualitative assessment techniques, surveys, interviews and observation, to develop a business case for continued funding and a self-evaluation tool for partnerships to reflect on their ways of working;
- Supporting senior managers (in the Environment Agency and Defra) in developing a jargon-free strategy for managing potentially harmful chemicals in English water;
- Undertaking a Strategic Review of Water Management Planning for Defra Directors; and
- Customer research and engagement with senior stakeholders to assess the business case for rolling out natural capital based approaches to increase resilience and improved decision making by a major English water company.
Before joining Eunomia in April 2018, Yvonne was a freelance consultant providing strategic support to Government, Regulators and businesses in developing, assessing and implementing environmental policies.
Prior to this, Yvonne was an environmental policy specialist at WRc where she worked as a Team Leader, Business Manager and Director. She has over 20 years’ experience of catchment management and environmental regulation, including policy development at UK and European levels, specialising in Strategic Assessment, River Basin Management, Chemicals, and Better Regulation.
Yvonne has an MSc in Water Pollution Control from Middlesex University and a Biochemistry Degree from Reading University.