Mark is Head of Sustainable Business and based in the company’s Manchester office.
He is an aeronautical engineer by background and has a masters’ degree in environmental engineering and 32 years’ experience in industry and environmental consultancy. He specialises in resource-efficiency, circular economy, sustainable procurement, product stewardship, eco-design and environmental training and behaviour change.
His clients include UK public sector bodies and programmes, such as the Waste and Resources Action Programme (WRAP), Zero Waste Scotland (ZWS), ENWORKS, Defra and BIS. He frequently works for European organisations, including the Irish EPA, the European Commission and the European Foundation for the Improvement of Living and Working Conditions.
He has also undertaken work for blue chip companies across many sectors including 3M, Aggreko, Baxters, Beko, BP, Cadbury, Dell, Dixons, EDF Energy, Heinz, Subway, Tesco, Toshiba, UK Power Networks, United Utilities and Vodafone.
Mark’s recent work has included projects for
- WRAP on esap Better Appliance product durability specifications, on reducing electrical product returns and on reducing food and packaging waste in the hospitality sector and in the NHS;
- for ZWS on circular economy (in oil and gas) and around product procurement in the public sector;
- for Subway and UKPN on packaging producer responsibility compliance;
- for Baxters on water minimisation and reuse;
- for Toshiba on WEEE compliance in the EU;
- for United Utilities on energy efficiency at water and wastewater treatment plants; and
- for Vodafone on mobile phone eco-ratings and sustainable procurement
Mark joined Eunomia in November 2015 after a varied career in environmental consultancy and engineering. Prior to Eunomia Mark was a Technical Director with Jacobs (formerly SKM Enviros/Enviros) (April 2001 to Oct 2015) and prior to that a Senior Consultant with Ecotec Research and Consulting Ltd (now Ecorys) (1995 to 2000).
His previous engineering career was in the advanced projects and operational analysis fields, as an Analyst/Senior Analyst and section leader at BAe Systems (1983 to 1993). He undertook his MSc at Manchester University prior to moving into environmental consultancy.