Welsh Public Sector Invited to Sustainability Through Procurement Workshops
Eunomia is hosting practical, free, half-day workshops on behalf WRAP Cymru where the opportunities and benefits of delivering sustainability through procurement will be explored.
Held throughout Wales in February and March, the workshops are aimed at heads of procurement, estates and facilities and sustainability professionals. Workshop delegates will gain an understanding of how procurement practices can help deliver more sustainable outcomes linked to the achievement of Towards Zero Waste objectives – the overarching waste strategy for Wales. It includes promoting a circular economy in Wales and meeting the goals of the Well-being of Future Generations (Wales) Act 2015.
Delegates will also receive further details about participating in a select number of procurement pilot projects. The benefits include free tailored advice via WRAP Cymru to help identify resource, environmental and cost savings.
Senior Consultant at Eunomia Alex Forrest will be delivering the three workshops focused on delivering sustainability through procurement, in line with the Welsh Government’s new Public Sector Waste and Resource Efficiency Plan.
“These workshops are perfect for Welsh public sector organisations seeking to deliver sustainable outcomes through procurement. It will offer an insight into examples of good practice, together with support available through WRAP Cymru to help meet key policy objectives, through the mechanism of procurement.”
The focus of the sessions includes:
- Introducing the Public Sector Waste and Resource Efficiency Plan for Wales
- Understanding sustainability through procurement – practical examples and benefits
- Making sustainable procurement choices – priority products and services including textiles, food, electrical, furniture and construction
- Embedding good practice in the procurement process
- Opportunities to participate in a select number of pilot projects offering free, targeted assistance.
Workshop dates are:
- Thursday 16th February 2017 – Village Hotel, Swansea, SA1 8QY, sign up here
- Tuesday 7th March 2017 – OpTIC Centre, St Asaph, LL17 0JD, sign up here
- Wednesday 8th March 2017 – The National Library of Wales, Aberystwyth, SY23 3BU, sign up here