Eunomia has significant experience in providing private and public sector clients with a variety of site-related services, including site design, planning and permitting for waste facilities – from depots and civic amenity sites to major infrastructure.
We develop and implement consenting strategies for our private sector clients, and work with Government departments in developing policy in the field of planning and permitting, including writing the Companion Guide to Planning Policy Statement 10 (Planning for Sustainable Waste Management). This work has not only given us a detailed understanding of the underpinning policy context, but means we are also influencing its progression.
Our expertise means that we can support a range of clients on:
- Planning and permitting strategy development for specific plans or masterplans, including advice on the interface between planning and permitting
- Assessment of alternative sites and demonstration of the benefits of the selected location
- Coordination of Environmental Impact Assessments (EIAs) and preparation of Environmental Statements (ES)
- Market analysis to determine the ‘need’ for a particular development
- Analysis to establish appropriate technology selection and configuration
- Greenhouse gas analysis to demonstrate projected performance
- Analysis of the impacts of logistics of bulk material feedstocks and by-product requirements
- Planning inquiries for major developments
A large part of our expertise is in identifying the key issues that may be a barrier to a successful planning outcome within the early stages of project development.