What’s Coming Up? Seminar on Marine Plastics PollutionBack
Hosted by Burges Salmon in Bristol on Monday 21 May 2018, Dominic presented a roundup of the upcoming challenges and policy decisions that will affect marine plastics pollution, both in Europe and the UK.
Drawing from his expertise across a range of environmental issues, Dominic covered the following topics in his presentation:
- Microplastics in the marine environment
- The origins of EU and UK beach litter
- Upcoming EU legislation, including the Waste Framework Directive, the Packaging and Packaging Waste Directive, and the Plastics Strategy
- A summary of the UK’s post-Brexit landscape in terms of UK environmental legislation
- The Scottish deposit refund scheme
- The consultation on environmental-related taxes
- The consultation on banning some single-use items in the UK
- WRAP’s Plastics Pact
The presentation is available free of charge. Press the orange button and supply a few details about yourself in order to access the download.