Welsh Plastic Route MapBack
WRAP Cymru commissioned us to provide technical support for this Plastic Route Map, which is the first stage in the development of a Route Map for improving the circularity of plastics in Wales.
This document details Wales’ current position in respect of plastics recycling and sets out a vision for 2025. It also provides recommendations for achieving these long-term aspirations, and provides an action plan for addressing key issues.
Key recommendations include:
- The adoption of new initiatives and business models that retain plastics in economic use for as long as possible and prevent them escaping into the environment;
- Collaboration within the plastics value chain to ensure that products and packaging placed on the market is recyclable and easy to recover and reprocess.
The route map, which is due to be published in autumn 2018, aims to:
- Focus on identifying the opportunities and barriers for recycling plastics in Wales;
- Propose actions and initiatives that can be undertaken by industry, government, trade bodies and support organisations;
- Act as a practical, action-oriented document; and
- Establish indicators to allow progress to be monitored.
This report is available free of charge. Press the orange button and supply a few details about yourself in order to access the download.