A Comparative Study on Economic Instruments Promoting Waste PreventionBack
This report forms the final part of a comparative study on economic instruments promoting waste prevention prepared for Bruxelles Environnement.
This final report:
- Describes a economic instruments that were identified in a separate inventory of measures;
- Highlights relative advantages and disadvantages for each instrument type included in the inventory;
- Provides a justification for the instruments taken forward for further analysis;
- Shows, through the meta-analysis, evidence of any waste prevention impacts that may be attributed to specific instruments;
- Considers, through the meta-analysis, how novel instruments, that have not yet been widely used, could potentially be used to stimulate waste prevention; and
- Identifies, for the economic instruments considered to have the potential to bring about waste prevention impacts, supporting actions or combinations with other instruments, which are likely to increase their effectiveness.
This report is available free of charge. Press the orange button and supply a few details about yourself in order to access the download.