Eunomia will be delivering two WRAP workshops for local authorities in March 2015, focusing on how the financial benefits of selling dry recyclables can be maximised.
Joe Papineschi, Director at Eunomia, supported by Consultant Clare Pitts-Tucker, will be developing and delivering two one day workshops in Birmingham on Monday 16th and Friday 20th March 2015. The workshops will be based on the recent WRAP guidance that addresses approaches to the marketing of dry recyclables by local authorities. As authors of the guidance, Eunomia are extremely well placed to deliver high quality and informative workshops that equips local authority officers with the knowledge required to select the right material sales strategy for their specific circumstances.
The workshops will cover key commercial considerations such as the pricing mechanism to be used, attitudes towards risk, material quality and operational requirements.
The workshop will consist of 5 modules; the content of each module will be as follows:
- Setting the scene: the current financial context for local government, budget setting within local authorities, definition of a materials strategy, the key stakeholders of the materials supply chain, primary and secondary commodities, materials pricing, and historic trends;
- Risks: definition of risk, types of risks, and apportionment of risk;
- Price: factors influencing the price of materials (quantity and quality of materials collected, fluctuating values, duration of pricing arrangements) and price setting mechanisms;
- Contracts: options for trading materials (i.e. sale of materials contracts versus service contracts), procurement procedures, consortia and partnerships, and indexation; and
- Materials and Operational Considerations: approaches to marketing materials, storage, bulking, baling, transport, MRFs operator perspectives and MRFs Regulations
This workshop is aimed at local authority waste officers with responsibility for advising and/or procuring and letting material sales contracts, integrated waste management and recycling contracts, and MRF contracts.
For full event details and to register your interest please visit the WRAP website.